random crap. pills that kills time for me.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

hola.. good times maan!

Whiff.. whiff..

I could hardly get enough of that life saving oxygen as I climbed the narrow winding sideroad leading to the Hotel Padmini Nivas,a summer retreat that passed through many royal hands only to be converted into a pleasant resort in the so-called queen of hills, Mussoorie!But I knew I had to go on. I had to reach the reception and confirm my booking.I had to check into the amazing ambience that will serve as my most memorable holiday experience ever!





If you by any chance got to see a hungry tiger pouncing on a wholesome deer, you will understand it when I say that I felt like eating up Mussoorie.. each bit of it! It was my first hill station experience and God knows it was hell lotta fun! :)

The trip flagged off with me going to delhi on an amazingly boring train that crawled like a snail. Local transport buses back in my state would at times not stop for people who wanted to enter. But this one, this amazing dadar-amritsar "express" was certainly an "express"ion of politeness.
It literally stopped for each and every person who wanted to enter I guess. It stopped at the simplest of hand signals. God!

Anyways.. finally i reached New Delhi station. And in another 2 hours time my girl and I set out for the above said mussoorie trip. The travel to Doon was loooooong..A 7 and half hrs journey instead of a normal 6 hrs one. Then a scary bus ride up the hilly road that lead us to Mussoorie. Sunlight fast disappeared and all that was left in the bus that could be called a source of light was the red LED like dot from driver's beedi which incidentally he lit leaving the steering wheel all to itself on a winding mountainous road leaving us both shell shocked! And we had to sit in the first row! But whatever, the old chap was an amazing driver. Some maneuvers were actually breathtaking. Had fun, in short.

Then finally we reached our resort and gosh. We were happy! hell ya! Amazing room with a panoramic view of the mall road and the surrounding beautiful steppe cultivated land. Staying in the plush, cozy interiors was a much better and an obvious choice over facing the cold and the rain outside . On top of that it was a suite. Should I say more? Ekdum royal ishtyle! Only sad part was that they wud serve us veggie food. But then, there is always the better option. Go out and hog! And that is exactly what we did. First we tried some of the restaurants in hotels that were already known to us thanks to the ground work we did before hand. But then, they were expensive and would really prove to be a big pocket burner. And then we set out in search of these two restaurants our extra polite receptionists suggested called the Tavern and The Four Seasons. But we didnt want to have food that was offered on menus across the country.We like to try new and different things and going by my girlfriend's suggestion, we chose a Tibetan restaurant. To speak the truth, the place initially looked highly shady to me. But then, the aroma, the magical scent that reached our nose from the food that people around us ate saw to it that we smack our lips every now and then to prevent the river of saliva that was lashing the walls of our mouth in anticipation of tasty food. And then the food came and so did the aroma. But this time around the taste overpowered every other sense . The food was awesome to say the least. We loved every bit of it. No negatives whatsoever! Result: we spent over 300 bucks on each meal there. And 300 bucks is lots of food in a restaurant like that!

Anyways.. other than the food part, I loved the beauty of the place very much. The ropeway travel was fun. The gun point view was also amazing. Wish I had the camera along then. Anyways , wont be able to forget any of the moments spent there.

Will put in some pics taken through the trip soon! Suggesting all of you to go to mussoorie once atleast I am signing off!

4 Comments:

Blogger nair said...

sounds good! and some of also hve a clue as to why the trip to mussourie dsnt menton must sightseeing ;).. excpt the restaurant guide!

2:28 AM

 
Blogger saint nothing! said...

yea rite... like i could say abt them here and still escape the axe of my deprived frnz! :D

10:22 AM

 
Blogger Sunil Kundal said...

kya matlab bhai ??

4:33 PM

 
Blogger saint nothing! said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home