random crap. pills that kills time for me.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Mohe Rang De Basanti!!!




no.. dont run off.. this is no spoiler! (though I believe that nothing can spoil your first experience of Rang De Basanti-RDB)

mmmmm..

I loved the movie.. its one of the best hindi movie I have seen! Ossome is da word for it!

It was no horror movie, but, right from the start to the final scene the movie kept me glued to the seat. Well, retelling of stories of good ol' freedom fighters in no new cash-in item for bollywood. But, the way things are done in RDB is not just out of the common ways, its bang on the best road taken , ever!

Aamir Khan fails to keep you happy. He keeps you mad with glee all through!

Well, the basic idea was not just to create a historical movie,instead, it aimed at the revival of the youth.

I dunno how much the movie was a success in that direction. But surely, I am touched. And the best part is, when such a movie projects a single issue and manages to have an impact on one, the effect is rather multi faceted. As in, not just that single issue remains in one's mind anymore. All pressing needs are worked upon. All dirt cleaned. On my way back to campus with my best pal Sunil, we were having discussions on similar stuff.And one of the primary things that we landed our gaze on was the huge division in our country based on region. No, I am not speaking about the much praised cultural diversity we have. I am talking about the regional intolerence prevelent here.

My outlook I know is limited. But in this small town called IIT itself I can see a huge ridge between the people from different zones!

Well known is the "gulti" term in IIT. The students from Andhra Pradesh are called Gultis. I dunno why. Some claim its coz they speak "ulti" hindi. Well, naming people from different regions differently is not a bad thing. It sounds more like an identification in that case. But the usage here is more derogatory than anything else.

And its not just the Andraites.. most southies are looked down upon. (well my opinion) I am a mallu myself. And I know how difficult it is to get people to even care to listen to what I am saying. The general northie doesnt even expect me to talk I guess. :P.. Anyways, I feel this issue needs to be worked on.

I thought of a solution and the first thing that came to my mind is a cross state cult group.. Dunno how much feasible it is. But if we manage to get something of that sort pulled off and if people start respecting their fellow countrymen, I guess our first step to developement can be climbed!

6 Comments:

Blogger aravind said...

Easier Said than done. The main reason is lack of much interaction. I think in coming years much of the perception will change.

The perceptions on these instances are made by stereotypes. Anyway its like this, if the worlds attitude towards India can change in 10 years time, then theres a lot of hope.

And about cults usually music helps :D. Especially rock music >:).

10:29 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

hey! Mallu is now blogging!!! what fun :D

yeah i kinda agree that in IIT, where you come from makes a difference. But very often this is a case of their own stupidity and wanting to bond with only their community.

Forinstance, take gultis - they speak only among themselves and if you say "Hi" to them they just look back as if u'r breaking some great royal custom of theirs. and so IMO, they suck and the world can do without them.

But, one of my friends is infact from gult-land and I never knew it till a few weeks back 'coz he just behaved normally and didn't give his "community" excess importance.

so perhaps the problem lies on both sides. I don't deny that i do discriminate people - i am a very snooty person afterall :P but the point is that, to me atleast, where you come from makes zot difference. It's how you behave that matters.

uh.. whatever.

11:29 PM

 
Blogger saint nothing! said...

well.. true.. both of u .. music definately is a common string u can hold on to.. and yea.. both sides are kinda to be blamed..

and yea.. the way u behave definately shd be the only criterion (if at all there must be any!) .. and SD who is this recently "gult"ised guy u r talkin abt? :D

12:17 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

hey duude... ah hadnt read ur blog for a while sorry.

i'll keep that name with me for now.. hope you dont mind ;)

and also i'm putting a link to ur blog from mine :) i did say i would do that earlier didn't I?

3:48 PM

 
Blogger All Is Whole said...

dont mind, you will get descrimination in every aspect of life...this is an innate quality of humans....
so keep going ...

11:18 AM

 
Blogger Chaitali Shah said...

Good thought!!!

10:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home